Tuesday, August 10, 2010

[Day 02] All Sorts of Things Are Happening...

Today has been a mixture of many things. I've been hanging out with my friend, Monterica, and watching my nephew, Blake, all day. We took Blake with us to run some errands and came back to his house. After some play time and an episode of Scooby Doo, we went to Burger King. Then on the way back home, we stopped by Snowden to visit for a little bit, and we introduced Blake to some of our old teachers. He really enjoyed himself, and to be honest, we loved it. I have been missing Snowden a lot lately, and it was wonderful to have the opportunity to visit again. It was also quite funny - most of my old teachers thought Blake was my son, instead of my nephew! That was pretty hilarious.

Stopping by Snowden made me feel so much older. Of course, having people mistake my six year old nephew for my son made me feel pretty old, too! But really - having so many people ask me what I'm doing "now" was thought-provoking. This is now and that was then, and by now, then was so long ago that it's not relevant anymore - confusing, I know, but work with me here. Monterica and I were also talking about how old we thought we were in eighth grade. Today we saw many eighth graders, and every single one of them looked so young - they looked 13. Even though I feel old (and at times, consider myself to be so), I'm STILL young. I have so much to learn and so much left to do in my lifetime. Being young, contrary to popular belief, doesn't mean I'm stupid and certainly doesn't lessen my worth. Enjoying my youth doesn't make me a bad person, nor does it mean I'm immature - those are completely separate choices.

It is true that my age is getting to be a larger number all the time. I remember being four and thinking I would never be an adult. My childhood years have come to pass, and I don't feel any different. Age really is just a number... and, for most people, the grass is just as green on one side as it is on the other.



Number 02 on my blogging plan: Something I love about myself.

I love my heart. I legitimately try my hardest to be as nice to others as I can be, and I feel like I genuinely love people more than the "Average Joe".

I also love that I'm so maternal. People have always laughed at me for it, but I enjoy being that way. I like that I look out for my friends and that I enjoy being around children. That's who I am and always will be... and, unlike a lot of people, I don't consider it to be a bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. I seriously remember being 9 and thinking "I wonder what I'll be like at 15 years old." GAY! LM(_|_)O! But honestly the thought consumed me all of the time. This blog gives me chills down my spine. I love your blog. I need to get my blog on the up and up. I have been really lazy! 8-)

    ReplyDelete