Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's Day 16, and Someone Activated My Activist Button

Day 16 → Someone or something you definitely could live without.

The religious extremists on campus perhaps?

I protested against them today for 5+ hours between and after my classes. I ended up getting interviewed by news channel 3, so we'll see if I end up on tv.

Check out the pictures!



I loved this guy!




It's awesome, isn't it?



Pretty much what most people on campus were thinking.




This is freak numero uno and the poor girl he kept calling an anorexic prostitute.




Some students called their pastor to come and preach both for and against the two freaks - right after this, he started a rendition of Amazing Grace.




The guy with the beard next two freak #1 is a Nazi who was yelling in German.




Today freak #2's wife and young daughter were not excluded from the drinking of the kool-aid ceremony like they were yesterday. P.S. The kid was truant from school.




He also had a sign that advertised he was giving out free hugs.




This guy changed into a ninja outfit and played Amazing Grace on his recorder.




I loved my sign.





As far as my classes go, today I had:

English Composition - Mr. Schulz is really sweet. He seems a bit timid. I overheard him telling another instructor that it was his first day right before class started, so I'm sure he was a little nervous. Hopefully we weren't too intimidating! I think his class will be a good one!

Values In The Modern World - LOVE IT, PEOPLE! I absolutely L.O.V.E. it! Mrs. Botts is amazing. A mutual friend of ours, Amy, was right when she said I'd enjoy her class. I cannot wait to go back Thursday. This class has deepened my love for philosophy already. :)


I also dropped Fundamental Issues. I decided it was going to be too much to try and take on two philosophy classes this semester. I mixed up my books, my teachers' names, etc. They are very different and are teaching different aspects of philosophy - it was a situation of confusion waiting to happen.

3 comments:

  1. Love your sign and the "free hugs" guy. :]
    And no duh on the truant. What the crap was her mother thinking letting her walk about in uniform???

    This was in front/near the UC, rite???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I don't know, but I wish they'd stop brainwashing the children!

    Yeah, it was right next to the UC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tempted to make the "God loves us all" pic my facebook profile pic :).

    ReplyDelete