Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Love My Moms... and Day 03.

I waited a long time for them (roughly 18 years), but I have the best two mothers on the planet. Seriously. I'm always glad they're in my life and am appreciative for the things they do on a DAILY basis for me, but on days like today, I'm extra grateful. Whenever I have a problem, one or both of them is right there to help me... always. They genuinely care, and I can't tell you how much time they've spent just listening to me when I needed someone to talk to. I could never ask for anything or anyone better - and that's good, because it doesn't exist.


Family - a social unit consisting of one or more adults together with the children they care for.

Mother - something or someone that gives rise to or exercises protecting care over something else.

"Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind... or forgotten."
-Lilo & Stitch



Dear Mom and Mama,


Thank you for giving me a true-to-definition family, for being my mothers (again, true-to-definition), and for never leaving me behind. I love you more than you will ever know.


Paula




According to the plan, the topic today is: something I have to forgive myself for.

Ooh, that's hard. I guess more than anything, I have to forgive myself for being naive when I was younger (like say, 14 maybe) - or rather, I should forgive myself for things that I did when I was much more naive because I was younger. I went through a period of time where I made some really bad decisions for myself, and it all started in November of 2006 - my freshman year of high school. The beginning of it was in no way related to school or any of my friends from school, but needless to say, I still wound up with a reputation. At this point, I still haven't forgiven myself for it, and I should - if for no other purpose than being able to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment