Friday, September 10, 2010

Just Another Ordinary, Amazing Day - Day 24

Today seemed liked it dragged on and on at the same time that it was flying by.

I had my journalism class this morning, and, after picking up an application for The Daily Helmsman (the school newspaper - I want to write for it), I came back to Towers and did laundry. I saw a couple of the same people I did laundry with last week, and I ended up hanging out with one of them for a while at lunch. (What is it with me making most of my friends in the laundry room? I think my fabulous Bounce dryer sheets give me a confidence boost. lol!)

Anyway, after that I picked up the bears. We had a most interesting day. Little boys are always interesting.

I came back to school and hung out with Amy. While she was at her floor's meeting, I finished up working on Lorie & Michael's engagement pictures. I was SO excited to let them see their photographs! It was really special for me to be able to shoot their engagement session because they're both very special people to me. I'm so glad they loved them!

Amy and I had movie night later on - hello, Reese Witherspoon chick-flick! It was great. :)

I found out earlier that on my first assignment in my journalism class I got 10/10. So far all my grades have been 10(or above)/10 - I'm so happy! I'm really not trying to brag. I've just been trying really hard in school because I WANT these grades so badly, so getting them is really important to me. I'm proud of myself, and that's something that hasn't happened to me very many times in my life. Eventually things will get tougher and I won't be getting perfect scores (obviously!), but I'm hoping my grades don't drop too much.

Sometimes I forget that I'm in college. What used to seem so far away is here, right now, and it's weird. Like, some days it's absolutely no big deal - it's just completely normal. Other days... not so much. I guess it's crazy for me to think about it in the present tense, rather than the future tense. But I have to tell you - so far I am enjoying myself very much!

I've got a TON of homework to get done this weekend, so I'm closing out this blog and going to bed. I mean, I DO have to get up and get started on it at some point tomorrow. :)




Day 24 → Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)


Dear Monterica,

I decided to make you an imaginary playlist because 1) my blog program has commanded it, and 2) you are wonderful & I miss you.


1. Your Love by Nicki Minaj - umm, this is our song. lol
2. Don't Be Jealous of My Boogie by RuPaul - who could have a playlist without including Blake-not-Boo?
3. Wetter by Twista - this is an inside-only thing... sorry y'all.
4. Brown Skin by India Arie - 'cause you once told me you were chocolate-y.
5. Flying Without Wings by Reuben Studdard - girl, do you know how many times I almost crashed the car because I nearly fell asleep driving late at night when you wanted to listen to this slooow song? lol!
6. Be Without You by Mary J. Blige - you up and left me for UT 'ChattaNOGA'... RUDE!
7. Seasons of Love by RENT - because I looove you! :)

2 comments: