Monday, September 13, 2010

The Light at the End of My Tunnel Day 26

I've posted recently about how exhausted I've been. I'm so happy (and a little saddened) to say that I will soon be able to keep up with everything MUCH better!

The sad part is that I won't be seeing my nephews every day because I'm no longer picking them up from school. It was seriously killing me - they are AMAZING boys, but they are such a handful at times! I love them to pieces, but I can't handle them on a daily basis. It totally drained me emotionally.

The smile-inducing part of this is that I will now have a LOT more time for my homework, and I will be available in the hours that almost every campus activity takes place during (the afternoons). I'll actually get to do something fun while I'm in college! And yes, I totally say this with enthusiasm. Y'all have NO idea what is has been like to literally kill myself working on stuff for school and trying to get those boys to cooperate and do things all day, only to come back to my dorm room and work on my homework alone. It's been SO lonely!

I went ahead and sent in my application for the Fall sessions at Common Ground (where you talk openly about race relations and find solutions to common problems) and got an email confirmation that I had been accepted. I'm so excited! It starts on Monday and lasts for 7 or 8 weeks. They have two hour meetings on Monday nights, so it won't be taking up too much of my time for me to study. I've been wanting to do this for SO long, and I haven't had the time. A friend of mine started Common Ground out of her desperation to literally find some common ground among groups of people from different ethnic backgrounds. I can't wait to start the sessions so that we can begin discussing race and how we can create change.

I'm also taking my application for the school paper in tomorrow. I can actually do that now, too! :)

I feel like a free woman!





Day 26 → Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?

Just about everyone has. I think most people have that moment or day, or week, or period of time in their life where it honestly seems like things could NOT get any worse, and the only thing they can do is wonder if it's all really worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Race and Reconciliation through servant leadership is something else you might enjoy. Floridia has gone through it.

    Q & A: disease, disease, disease, disease

    ReplyDelete